Tuesday 14 May 2013

7 Seeds

Ellya Sam:

Decided to try this very popular place for brunch this weekend and found myself quite satisfied after having their pancakes. They were beautifully plated too!

A bunch of friends of mine have been raving over this place for the past year and I myself couldn't believe I haven't found the time to try this place out!

Set in a very secluded street, I found this place very difficult to find. Goes to show, when in doubt, just trust google maps. It'll get you there. Anyway, as I reached the front, I expected a long line of hungry customers, however to my surprise, I was seated immediately without any wait. YAY. The place looked really hip. Kind of like how most popular Melbourne brunch spots look like. Plants here and there. Wood. The smell of coffee. Cool waiters and waitresses. Knick knacks of random stuff hanging around. Warehouse- like feel. Standard. Cause really, you've seen one, you've seen all. The food excluded of course.




 Pancake stack w baked peaches, citrus labne, vanilla bean 
honey, & pistachio praline ($15)

So, that was what I had. Like I mentioned before, beautifully plated. The pancakes were buttery and milky. Almost like a cake like consistency. Just how I like my pancakes. The poached peaches did not look or taste like peaches so Im guessing they ran out of peaches and used pear. Which is totally fine. I liked it. Although it could have been a little bit MORE poached. It was kind of crunchy still. MEH. 

The  white thing you see in that picture there was not mentioned on the menu but Im guessing it's a yoghurt? Whatever it was, it was amazing. Sort of a sour like taste with a tinge of citrus. Very complimentary.



Other than the food, the coffee was divine (I think. LOL all coffee is amazing to me)! I mean, I'm a coffee drinker but I'm no expert, really. I just drink coffee. I had their Colombia Roman Trujillo, which weird enough as it sounds, tasted.. well, significantly different from all the other coffees I've had in Melbourne. Pretty damn awesome I say. The milk was nice and creamy too. Which is a plus. 
So, worth the hype? Hmm.. maybe not as much as people say. Then again, what would I know. HEH HEH. 

--

Came back here again to try their new menu a week after my first visit here. Err... MEH. First of all, totally my bad for not being aware they change their menu quite often. Totally wanted their pancakes again. :(


I had their corn, pomegranate, feta and rocket salad. $14 Tasted alright. I mean, it wasn't the best. There was so much crunchy going on, I got confused with the taste of everything. And the sudden kick of the pomegranate just made my tongue curl with shock. Urgh. Not happy.

I brought a good friend along with me this time and she had the kangaroo with beetroot (LOL pretty sure it was beetroot, cant remember). But whatever, it was bad. I had a sneaky taste of her kangaroo dish and it was chewy! WHAAAT. Seven Seeds.. HOW, WHAAAAT? Total disappointment. Do not make the mistake of getting the kangaroo, please. 

She also had a hot chocolate which came out looking crazy good. But it tasted bland and just.. ugh, you'd know it's a bad hot choc. Not the best day for her at Seven Seeds. Kangaroo and and hot chocolate fail. Not coming back here any time soon. :\



4.5/10

106 - 114 Berkeley St, Carlton. CBD
VIC 3053
P: (03) 9347 8664

No comments:

Post a Comment