Wednesday 26 June 2013

Le Petit Gateau

Ellya Sam:

I've been on quite a French Food frenzy lately. I stopped by this place with JoshPui and Chong for a bit of a pick me up after such a stressful week in between my Dancescape Season and I was so happy I did!

This place has been all the rave with a lot of my friends and I caved in to a have a bit of a nom sesh. 


Solely a dessert/ cake place, this place definitely know how to serve up a cake! Unfortunately, the space is very small, so if you are unlucky, you might need to takeaway their cakes (which is what a lot of people do, anyway).


Brownie and Passionfruit Chocolate Gateau
Brownie base, praline, passionfruit custard and chocolate mousse
$8

This cake had my name the second I laid eyes on it. I knew it was mine to devour. It had beautifully well proportioned layers of yummy goodness and when eaten together, it made my tastebuds jump with excitement! I took my first cut of the cake with my fork and I could immediately feel the texture of the cake. It was divine. I felt so excited just at the prospect of this cake entering my mouth. Ahhh. Enough to make me salivate right now, just thinking about it!

The brownie base was tart and it had a buttery saltiness to it. The praline was bitter which accompanied the citrus-y passionfruit custard layer. And the chocolate mousse was so airy and decadent! 

A must try!

My thoughts: 
8/10


Le Petit Gateau
458 Little Collins St  Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9944 8893

No comments:

Post a Comment