Sunday 26 May 2013

Dessert Story

Ellya Sam:

To be honest, I am not a big fan of Asian Desserts in general. I don't like the fact that they're always so soup-like, unsweetened and hot. Eurgh. That is why I've never felt the need to hit up this place immediately when it became such a hype almost a year ago. It was until a good friend of mine convinced me to give this place a shot and then I thought to myself, "Yeah, why not? Won't die lah right." Wow, was I a changed person after having one bite of their delicious dessert.

This place serves close to a million kinds of Taiwanese and Hong Kong desserts. LOL. Not literally, but you get what I mean. Pretty damn wide, their selection of desserts. Mostly, to my surprise, served chilled. YAY :)

Luckily, my friend was there to recommend me something good to eat. Saved me the time- trouble of  having to decide whether I wanted red bean or mango or sweet potato or grass jelly.. (so on......)  in my dessert.


I had their Herbal Jelly Signature Selection. Which consisted of peals, taro balls, herbal jelly and some random stuff I dont even know. Whatever it was, it all tasted pretty damn good. They even tasted good mixed together, which was probably Dessert Story's intention anyway. :P  $6.50 (if I remember correctly).

Now, despite my lack of 'craze' to Asian desserts, I do enjoy and indulge in the occasional Asian drinks. I think I actually might consider myself an avid bubble tea person. I have one like almost every week. See, I'm pretty picky with the texture of my pearls. I like mine chewy, but not to the extent of it being.. like rubbery. These ones I had at Dessert Story were near perfect. Even their taro balls were magnificently textured. Chewy with a bit of a sponge-like munch. Everything in that little black bowl that was served to me was just so good, as I type this, I am literally salivating with the intention of getting some more NOW. 

What a new outlook to Asian desserts for me. 

Also, the good thing about this place is that it's a pretty big franchise. You can find this place almost anywhere now in Melbourne. 

Me gusta. Can't wait to go back and try their Mango with Sago Pearls (also a recommended dish).

8.5/10

Dessert Story
195 Little Bourke St  Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9650 8887

No comments:

Post a Comment